Friday, March 6, 2009

Fun With Judy and Burgess: Mr. & Mrs. Smith

After we finished shooting the faux Twilight and Dirty Dancing (to be discussed next time) posters of Judy and Burgess, we shot an homage to Mr. & Mrs. Smith. The setup: We found a narrow hallway in the house that was perfect. We taped the green background to the back door. To evenly light the background, Brian pointed a flash at it and put the flash in the doorway of the room on the right behind Judy and Burgess. The key light was a second flash bounced off of an umbrella. In such a confined space, the flash basically lit everything evenly. Original shot of Judy: Original shot of Burgess: What I learned: Just because I have something shiny and new to play with, doesn't mean I should use it. Case in point: If the final image has a white background, why the heck did I put up the green sheet? Post-processing would have been a lot simpler had I just shot them against the white door! Sheesh!

No comments: