Friday, October 24, 2008

More Memory Equals More Freedom

I'm really happy that I bought more memory cards. It's nice shooting without having to worry about whether or not I should save space for future shots. At the Red Bull Soapbox Race, there was a constant parade of parents who wanted to have their kids taken in the racer. I knew I had plenty of space on my cards left, so I was able to accommodate everyone. Raw space is not the only benefit. Often, I'll replace the memory card in my camera with a fresh one even when the card isn't full. I do this because I don't want to be in a position where I have five shots left on a card and then a great opportunity opens up for me and I start shooting. Then five shots later, my card is full, so I have to stop shooting and waste time putting in a fresh card. I like to swap cards when there is a lull in the action, even if the card has 50 shots left (my cards can each hold about 250). Of course this wastes precious space, but I'm willing to do that if it means that I don't waste an opportunity to capture a great moment.

No comments: