Thursday, August 7, 2008

Comic-Con

I went to Comic-Con 2008 in San Diego and it was a blast. I spent a lot of time with my goddaughter Kasey and old friends. You can see the pictures on my Flickr page. I tried experiment with composition and lighting, but most of the time I was either in line waiting for a panel discussion, playing with Kasey, or just enjoying the moment with friends. In these pictures I'm playing with off-camera flash. I held the flash with my left hand and dialed down the Vivitar 285HV to 1/16 and covered half of the head in order to reduce the power, but it was still too powerful. I hope I didn't cause permanent retinal damage to Kasey's little eyes! The lack of fine control on the 285HV is just one of several complaints I have with it. I will post my complete hate-affair with the flash in the coming days. Stay tuned.A few more photos:

No comments: