Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Corgi

I love Corgi's. Pembroke or Cardigan, it doesn't matter. While walking home and chatting on the phone, I saw a Corgi walking down the opposite side of the street. I immediately hung up on my friend, and sprinted across the intersection. I pulled out my camera and asked the owner if I could take some pictures of the 19 month puppy. She hesitated for a second, but ultimately consented. I didn't get any great shots, because my camera was set at full-manual and I'm not yet quick enough to consider the relationship between f/stop and shutter speed while on the run. The woman and the Corgi looked anxious to get home, so I didn't ask them to stop or even slow down. Also, she said that he didn't like to be around strangers, so I made sure that she was always between me and the puppy. This meant I couldn't get close enough for some nice tight shots. Luckily there were a few red lights, so I was able to catch him standing still. The owner and I ended up having a friendly chat for about 4 blocks, so I'm glad she didn't seem put off by my intrusion. Here are three photos: Photo info: 52.5mm focal length, f/7.1, 1/50 sec, ISO 200 Photo info: 52.5mm focal length, f/3.2, 1/125 sec, ISO 200 Photo info: 52.5mm focal length, f/7.1, 1/50 sec, ISO 200 Lessons learned: 1. Must continue practicing shooting in fast changing situations on full manual mode. 2. Take a little more risk, e.g. I should have briefly walked next to the Corgi and taken a couple closeup shots.

No comments: