Friday, August 8, 2008

Sunset at the Emeryville Marina

On the way home, I noticed again that the clouds were out and couldn't wait to snap some sunset photos. I am very lucky to live so close to the shores of the San Francisco Bay. It only took ten minutes to drive from my house in Oakland to the Emeryville Marina.The picture of the tree stump was really fun to take, because the sunlight turned golden red as I was snapping the shots and it only lasted for 20 seconds. I included the picture of the sunset to show you the annoying spot of light on the rocks. This seems to be flare. I forgot to remove the filter to see if it would have reduced or eliminated the spot. Besides aiming somewhere else, what is the solution to this problem? Would a lens hood help? Would it have to be very very long? Two more photos:

No comments: