Saturday, August 30, 2008

Critique: Baby!

This past Thursday, a coworker brought her baby to work for the first time. I was supposed to be in training, but I couldn't pass an opportunity to shoot photos of her adorable kid. I had under three minutes to snap the photos and then run back to my training session. What follows is a critique of some of these photos. None of the photos were edited with software. Info on the following photos: 52.5mm focal length, f/2, 1/80 sec, ISO 200, no flash. Both the mother and baby are blurry, at least one of them should be in focus. Curse of the lens flare! I must avoid this type of backlit situation in the future. Questionable composition choice. Did I crop out his head intentionally? Is that me or a coworker on the left edge? Either way, this is a poorly composed image. See the rest of the photos on Flickr.

No comments: