Thursday, August 7, 2008

Fixed My Fence

While playing with my new photography toys, I dragged myself outside to make some critical fixes to my collapsing fence. My neighbor and I shored up the southeast section with new metal posts. That's him hiding on the right. We also braced a wooden post on the northwest side that was completely rotted out at the base. It was hard work, but well worth it. It only cost about $200 for the metal posts, concrete, and miscellaneous items to put up 4 new posts (with extra posts and concrete to spare). Next up: paint the posts so that they blend in better with the fence. I may skip this step, because I plan on growing vines all along the fence, which will obscure the posts anyway. You can see that the fence line is sort of wavy. What can I say? The original owners must have been drunk when they laid it out. I didn't want to spend the money on tearing everything down and redoing it. I'm just happy that the fence is no longer on the verge of falling over.

No comments: