Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Beware The Floating Head

Amy and I went to Indian Rock in Berkeley to watch the sun set below the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a lovely scene, so I pulled out my camera and flash. It was very windy and cold, so Amy didn't want to take off her black long sleeve top. Unfortunately, the blackness of the city behind her matched her top, so the only part of Amy that was distinguishable was her head. Reframing her so that more of the sun shone behind her and asking her to open her top a little to reveal the lighter-colored blouse underneath helped out a lot. I also increased the beam spread of my flash, so that it lit more of her body. Finally as a last resort, I increased the fill light in Lightroom to lighten her top. You can see the rest of the photos here.

No comments: