Wednesday, January 28, 2009

How To See Your Latest Flickr Uploads on Facebook

I was chatting with my buddy Michael, who is an avid photography enthusiast like myself, and he asked me how I set my Facebook wall to display updates whenever I upload new photos onto Flickr. Here's our edited chat: Michael: Hey bro, what app are you using to show your Flickr uploads on your Facebook profile? I've tried using MyFlickr - but it doesn't display uploads in the profile - and that's really what I want. Me: What's up! I'm looking now...I had someone help me, so I don't remember. I'm not a big fan of the Facebook user interface. Michael: Ditto bro. Myron: The Flickr UI ain't great either. Michael: Just the fact that you can't even format your messages - WTF? Myron: Haha! Michael: Lame. Myron: My lord this is embarrassing, but I can't figure out how I did it. Must confer with coworker, I'll get back to ya. Note: I actually didn't confer with anyone :-) Michael: No prob man. Thx for looking into it. Weather beautiful over there today? Myron: Oh yeah, blue skies, loving it! Okay, try this. Michael: Lay it on me. Myron: Log into your Flickr account. Michael: k Myron: Click on the small arrow to the right of the "You" link near the top left corner. Myron: Click on "Your Account". Michael: Check. Myron: Click on "Extending Flickr" (it's the fourth tab in the middle of the page). Myron: Near the bottom, there is a section entitled "Your Facebook account". Click on "Link your accounts". Michael: Yeah! Myron: Lemme know if that does anything for you (if that doesn't work, we can try going in the reverse direction and starting from FB). Michael: YES! (more chatter) Myron: Hahaha, this is going in my blog! Michael: Totally brother. Myron: It's convoluted right?!! Michael: Completely *&#@ing convoluted. I installed and configured a whole app for NOTHING. Myron: Two mildly capable web developers should not have such a hard time with this! Michael: (rofl) Totally man. Myron: I know! I think I went down your path too, and was like WTF? Meanwhile I get 4 million Mafia/Dope Wars/Duck duck goose invites! Michael: I know. Myron: Well, I'm happy to have served a purpose today. Michael: I was hoping to increase my traffic on Flickr this way its perfect you have made my day!!! Gold star for Myron!!! Myron: HAHAHAHA!!!

3 comments:

basile with an e said...

I don't get it. Haha.

That link just took me to Facebook. I guess I'm saying it's quicker to start from Facebook.

It took me a long time to figure out that you have to put your Flickr screenname in though. "basile with an e" not "basilekuo".

Confusing!

Myron said...

I think it took you (and me when I tried it again) straight to FB, because we already have the FB-Flickr relationship set up. My friend Michael didn't have it set up yet. Good note about the Flickr screenname. Thanks Basile!

jaime said...

I spent two days installing and configuring multiple apps. CONVOLUTED, yes.