Monday, January 19, 2009

Great Food, Great Times, Not So Great Photos

Recently Mark, Amy, Amy, and I went out to dinner at Thanh Long in San Francisco. The crab was amazing and the garlic noodles were heavenly. My photos were not so heavenly.
Although the shots of the food turned out okay, the more important shots of my friends were disappointing. Their faces were murky. Was it due to poor focusing in the low light? Or was it because the sensor couldn't capture enough detail? I'm not sure. Bottom line: the photos came out poorly. Why didn't I use a flash? Because I didn't want to disturb the people around me who paid good money to munch on their seafood in peace. What would I do differently next time? I would borrow Mark's fast 50mm f/1.4 lens and see if it performs better than my 35mm f/2. See more of the photos here.

No comments: