Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Inspired By A Bathroom

I love Melissa Rodwell's Fashion Photography Blog. Her amazing blog gives us a rare peek into the world of fashion photography. Her first video tutorial featured a model in a tiny bathroom with two windows. A large reflector lit the model, while the windows provided some major backlighting. That's it, no fancy lighting at all! I had to try it out for myself. My girlfriend Amy's bathroom is very dark, but her living area features a beautiful bay window. I waited for the light to stream in, propped up some DIY reflectors aka poster boards, and asked Amy to look beautiful. While my results don't look as great as Melissa's (no fault of Amy's!), I am amazed at how much potential there is in a simple pair of windows! See more bay windows here. Check out Melissa's blog here.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Great setup, great model, and great shot. =)